Arogyavardhini Vati has following healing properties.
- Digestive Stimulant
- Mild laxative
- Liver tonic
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
- Mild Expectorant
Arogyavardhini Vati is helpful in following health conditions.
- High cholesterol levels
- Chronic Constipation
- Inflammation of gallbladder
- Loss of appetite
- Gas or flatulence
- Abdominal distension
Benefits & Medicinal Uses
Arogyavardhini Vati mainly works on digestive system.?Ayurveda?believes a proper digestion is a main component of health. If digestion becomes poor, it leads to various diseases in the body. Generally, poor digestion may cause malabsorption and production of more toxins (AMA) in the body, which ultimately cause a variety of disorders. The second factor is constipation. Constipation is also a root of many diseases in the body. Arogyavardhini Vati works on both. It improves digestion and corrects metabolic activities in the body. It also cures constipation and prevents diseases.
Arogyavardhini Vati?reduces cholesterol levels?by improving liver functions. It also prevents deposition of plaque in the blood vessels. It also prevents?atherosclerosis?(hardening of blood vessels). Thus, it helps patients with high cholesterol levels and heart diseases.
However, it may not have direct influence on reducing elevated blood pressure, but it reduces lipids in the blood vessels and sometimes, high cholesterol levels and atherosclerosis are the main causes of hypertension. It works slowly and its action can appear only after 3 to 4 month regular therapy with it.
Some patients with?high blood pressure?have following symptoms.
- Redness in eyes
- Pain around eyes
Arogyavardhini Vati helps in all these symptoms. It should be taken with one of following adjuvants.
- Milk boiled with Aragvadha (Amaltas) fruit pulp ? Cassia fistula
- Aragwadhadi Kashayam
- Drakshadi Kashayam
Patient may require taking Arogyavardhini Vati with one of above adjuvants 3 to 6 times a day to get immediate symptomatic relief.
Ancient scholars actually formulated formula of Arogyavardhini Vati to work on constipation. However, it is beneficial in all types of constipation, but it mainly works well in chronic type. It has following actions in chronic constipation.
- It provides strength to the intestines due to Shilajit and other minerals present in it.
- It stimulates the secretion of bile from the liver and bile improves peristaltic movements of intestine, which ultimately helps facilitating the movement of stool from the intestines to lower end of the large intestine.
- It softens the stools and reduces hard stool formation.
- It reduces excessive stickiness or fattiness of stools to the intestinal walls, which facilitates stool movement.
- It improves digestion and facilitates a proper absorption of nutrients in the body.
Liver Disorders & Hepatitis
Arogyavardhini Vati is generally good for following liver conditions.
- Fatty liver syndrome
- Edema associated with liver disease
- Inflammatory diseases of liver
- Viral hepatitis
- Alcoholic hepatitis
Arogyavardhini Vati has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. Some of its ingredients also have anti-bacterial properties. All these properties make it effective in almost all types of liver disorders. However, it may not work alone, so the following herbs can help to potentiate its action in liver diseases. These herbs should be used as adjuvants or supportive remedies in liver diseases.
- Phyllanthus niruri (Bhumyamalaki)
- Tephrosia purpurea (sharpunkha)
- Eclipta Prostrata(Bhringraj)
- Andrographis paniculata (Kalmegh or?Nilavembu)
- Solanum nigrum (Makoi)
- Piper longum (Pipali)
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki)
- Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi)
Loss of appetite & Indigestion
Arogyavardhini Vati contains Kutki herb and long pepper, which increases appetite and reduces indigestion.
Gas, Flatulence &?Bloating
Herbs present in Arogyavardhini Vati have anti-flatulent action and reduces gas formation in the alimentary canal. Hence, Arogyavardhini Vati reduces intestinal gas, flatulence, bloating and abdominal distension.