Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic Diabetes Remission Programme
WHAT IS TYPE 2 DIABETES?
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar (glucose) levels are higher than the normal range.
Whatever you eat, your body converts it into glucose for energy. Insulin transfers this glucose from the blood to the cells for energy. Insulin works like a key to open the lock of the cell. But if you have very low insulin or too much insulin (Insulin resistance) then sugar cannot enter the cell and remains in the blood. So when you test your blood, your blood sugar levels are high.
This is a serious condition where the insulin produced by the pancreas can’t work properly, or the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:
- Feeling very tired, more than usual
- Frequent urge to go to the toilet (esp. At night)
- Loss of weight
- Blurred vision
- Feeling hungry and thirsty often
- Slow healing of wounds
WHAT CAUSES TYPE 2 DIABETES?
High-calorie diet, junk food, sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, excessive stress, irregular sleep patterns, overeating, and genetic factors are many of the causes responsible for diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes.
Obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides are some of the major risk factors for diabetes.
MAJOR COMPLICATIONS OF DIABETES:
The major complications of diabetes include heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, retinopathy, neuropathy, nephropathy, dementia, etc.
First of all, what is diabetes remission, and is it possible?
The good news is that diabetes can be completely reversed with a judicious mixture of appropriate treatment, diet, exercise, and psychological support.
There have been various studies on whether patients with diabetes can go into complete remission (as in cured from it).
Americal Diabetes Association defines Diabetes Remission as
Remission is when your hba1c — a measure of long-term blood glucose levels — remains below 48mmol/mol or 6.5% for at least six months.
Diabetes UK conducted a comprehensive trial on diabetes remission (direct Trial) which showed that about 45.6% of patients that participated in the trial went into complete remission in a year and about 36% were still in remission after 2 years.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disorder that needs to be treated with a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise regimen, and herbs. The good news is Ayurveda has the answer and tools to reversing type 2 diabetes!
OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROGRAM:
- To help manage type 2 diabetes
- To help reverse or bring diabetes into remission
- To help reduce the complications of diabetes
- To help maintain your blood sugar in a healthy range
- To help you in managing your diabetes medication
- Online Consultation/In-person Consultation
- Specific herbal preparations to rejuvenate tissues
- Individualized dietary & lifestyle guidelines
- Panchakarma procedures according to the imbalances and constitution of the individual
- Designing a specific lifestyle according to the imbalances and constitution of the individual
- Guidelines regarding seasonal and daily routine
- Customized exercise program
- Stress release management through spiritual practices
Some of the Ayurvedic treatments we recommend for diabetes mellitus as a part of this programme:
- Abhyanga (Body rejuvenation through warm oil massage).
- Swedana (Loosening of toxins through herbal steam therapy).
- Udvarthana (Special Massage with Dry Herbal Powders)
- Shirodhara (Nervous destressing through a rhythmic flow of medicated oil on the forehead).
- Basti (Ayurvedic Detox through Medicated Enema)
- Virechana ( Ayurvedic Detox through Inducing Loose Motions)
If you are interested to know more about this specialist treatment, please call us on 0208 907 7902 to book an appointment with our Ayurvedic doctor.