Shiro Takra Dhara
Shiro Takra Dhara is a specialized Ayurvedic therapy used to treat various ailments like anxiety, depression, stress, all kinds of skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema, leukoderma, dermatitis, pigmentation, urticaria, etc), systemic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders etc, various types of headaches such as migraine, tension headache, etc., hair fall, dandruff, alopecia, neurological disorders such as parkinsonism, paralysis, bell’s palsy, etc, insomnia, hormonal disorders such as PCOD, male and female infertility.
“SHIRO” means head, “TAKRA” means medicated buttermilk, and “DHARA” means pouring. Shiro Takra Dhara is a process in which medicated buttermilk is poured over the forehead maintaining a specific height, rhythm, and temperature, performed by one or two qualified therapists, which is being systematically prescribed by an Ayurvedic consultant.
- Removes stress, relaxes the mind
- Improves neuro-muscular conduction
- Relaxes and rejuvenates the mind and senses (Paatavam indriyasya)
- Delays aging (Jaraso maandhyam)
- Provides longevity of life (Chiram jeevitam)
- Controls and creates equilibrium in all the doshas (Nitaraam dosha)
- Acts as an aphrodisiac (Vrishataa)
- Stabilizes and fortifies Ojas in the body (Ojas is the essence of all the tissues formed as an end product of tissue formation, its normalcy in terms of quality and quantity points towards an established immunity) (Ojo sthairyam)
- Soothes the nerves and improves blood circulation
30 TO 60 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Treatment Course Duration
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Mode of Action of Shiro Takra Dhara
The mode of action of Shiro Takra Dhara is attributed to the
- Therapeutic effects of the medicated Buttermilk which is used as a base of the medicine,
- Procedural effects of the process like Pressure, Rhythmic streaming,
- Local application of heat,
- Treatment timings
The procedural effects blend with the rhythmic streaming, pressure of the medicine, and temperature which causes vasodilatation and helps the medicine to penetrate through the follicular pores to the follicles and then to the dermis via the sebaceous glands and enter into the circulation
Buttermilk is the base of the medicine which is having the qualities of cold in potency which helps to give smoothening effects.
The space between the two eyebrows is the seat of the pituitary and pineal gland (Agnya Chakra). The pituitary gland is one of the main glands of the endocrine system and exhibits its action on other organs.
- Skin diseases
- Visual errors
- Degenerative eye disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Sexual disorders
- Tinnitus hearing loss
- Hair fall