The word Bashpa refers to steam. Bashpa Sweda is a sudation therapy where the steam is given with the help of a steam chamber.
In Bashpa sweda the health seeker is made to perspire by sitting in the steam chamber by keeping the head portion outside the chamber.
- Persistent and uniform heating of the body parts.
- Every part of the body below the neck will be subjected to sudation procedure, as warm steam can reach the areas like skin folds, axilla, etc.
- Useful in arthritis, Spondylitis, Stiffness of the joints, Neurological disorders, etc.
- Softens and brightens the skin.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Expelling toxins from the skin.
20 TO 25 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Treatment Course Duration
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Mode of Action of Bashpa Sweda
Increased metabolism: As we do Swedana karma, the metabolism increases
Vaso dilatation: Vasodilatation facilitates improved circulation thereby detoxifies at the cellular level and fastening up the healing process
Stimulation of sweat glands: Swedana procedure stimulates the sweat glands as sweat is a mode of toxin and waste product removal.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic pains
- Urustambha (stiffness of thigh and lower limbs)
- Medoroga (diseases manifested due to disturbances in fat metabolism)