Lavana Pinda Sweda
Lavana pinda sweda (Lavana kizhi) is a specialized therapy that is performed for diseases related to Bones and muscles.
Lavana means Salt. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation.
The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the Lavana (salt) is called Lavana pinda Sweda
This procedure is a Ruksha sweda.
- Lavana pinda Sweda increases the peripheral blood supply.
- It relieves body ache and strengthens muscles and skin.
- Reduces the inflammation of the joints
- It acts as a muscle relaxant and relieves joint stiffness
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and relieving stress.
- It has detoxifier properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the pores of the skin, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
35 TO 45 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Treatment Course Duration
7 days, 14 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Mode of Action of Lavana Pinda Sweda
The therapeutic action of Lavana is because of
- Therapeutic action of the procedure
- Sudation, which is performed in the therapy
- Because of the Rukshana property of the Salt
Skin is an integrated organ system and multi-functionality, such as an extensive network of blood vessel branches, and sensory receptors that monitor touch, pressure, temperature, and pain.
With the help of Lavana Sweda, the temperature will increase to more than 2 to 3 c in all areas of the body, and vasodilatation will happen. As a result of vasodilatation an increased flow of blood passes to the area so that the necessary oxygen and nutrition materials are supplied and waste products are removed, because of increased blood supply, the metabolism will increase and stimulation of neural receptors takes place that is how localized inflammation can be managed easily with Valuka Sweda.
This therapy produces a sudative effect because of the medicinal action and temperature and acts as a counter-irritant which is the thermal stimulus and may affect the pain sensation. It also induces muscle relaxation and increases the efficiency of muscle activity as the increased blood supply ensures the optimum condition for muscle contraction.
- Gouty Arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Muscular sprain
- Body ache
- chronic pains