Pichu is a specialized Ayurvedic procedure used to treat various ailments like stiffness, inflammatory disorders, and pain in joints and muscles.
For Pichu, a cotton pad (the size of the cotton pad depends upon the specified area) should be prepared and dipped into the prescribed medicated oil and kept in the specific area that retained the medicated oil for a stipulated period on the specific region of the health seeker depending upon the condition.
- Mental wellness:Pichu is a perfect mental wellness treatment. It can alleviate chronic headaches and reduce insomnia, hysteria attacks, and hallucinations.
- Spinal and nervous problems: It is one of the most proven treatment methods to eliminate joint pains and is also effective in cases of regenerative and normal injuries, spondylitis, and osteon-arthritis. Pichu is considered to be one of the most trusted methods in head and spinal treatment. Common lower back pain and leg muscle pain can be easily cured with Pichu.
30 TO 35 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Treatment Course Duration
7 days, 14 days, 21 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Mode of Action of Pichu
- The therapeutic action of Pichu is dependent on
- The pharmacological Action of the selected medicine.
- The snehana (oleation) effect.
- The swedana (sudation) affect
- The maintained temperature during the procedure
The Quality of the skin is supported by an extensive network of blood vessels, and sensory receptors that monitor touch, pressure, temperature, and pain
Our body is made up of different types of cells and each cell membrane is made up of Phospholipids, lipid-soluble substances can easily cross the cell membrane because of this the base of the medicine that we use is in lipid form (medicated oils)
When the procedure starts, medicated oil crosses the cell membrane through the skin, and the functions of phospholipids will increase and act as a carrier for various cellular elements or impurities which are responsible for the formation of diseases,
The lukewarm oil will increase the temperature to more than 2 to 3 in the localized area, by which vasodilatation will happen and the blood circulation will increase and necessary oxygen and nutrition materials are supplied and the free radicals which are responsible for the disease will be removed and helps to remove the congestion of the lungs and reduces the breathlessness.
This therapy produces a sedative effect because of the pharmacological action of the used medicine like anti-inflammatory action, analgesic action, muscle relaxant, decongestant activity, etc., and acts as a counter-irritant which is the thermal stimulus and may affect the pain sensation.
It also induces muscle relaxation and increases the efficiency of muscle activity as the increased blood supply ensures the optimum condition for muscle contraction because of its therapeutic action of the medicine and procedure.
- Degenerative and painful spinal problems
- Neurological disorders