Manal Kizhi / Valuka Sweda
Valuka Sweda or Manal Kizhi in Malayalam is a specialized therapy that is performed for the diseases related to Bones, muscles, and medo rogas
Valuka i.e. manal in Malayalam means a clean, purified fine sand. Sweda means fomentation or sudation.
The Swedana Karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus that is prepared the clear and purified sand is called Valuka Sweda (manal kizhi).
- Manal Kizhi increases the peripheral blood supply.
- It relieves body ache and strengthens muscles and skin.
- Reduces the inflammation of the joints
- It acts as a muscle relaxant and relieves joint stiffness
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and relieving stress.
- It has detoxifier properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the pores of the skin, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
35 TO 45 MIN
The treatment duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Treatment Course Duration
7 days, 14 days
The treatment course duration depends on the consulting physician and the severity of the condition.
Mode of Action of Manal Kizhi / Valuka Sweda
The therapeutic action of Manal kizhi is because of
- Therapeutic action of the procedure
- Sudation, which is performed in the therapy
- Because of the rukshana (drying) property of the sand
Skin is an integrated organ system and multi-functionality, such as an extensive network of blood vessel branches, and sensory receptors that monitor touch, pressure, temperature, and pain.
With the help of Valuka Sweda, the temperature will increase to more than 2 to 3 in all areas of the body causing vasodilatation in the local blood vessels. As a result of vasodilatation, the flow of blood through the area increases meaning the rate at which oxygen and necessary nutrients are supplied and waste products are removed increases. With this and the increased blood supply, the metabolism will increase thereby stimulating neural receptors and making managing localized inflammation easier with Valuka Sweda.
This therapy produces a sudative effect because of the medicinal action and temperature and acts as a counter-irritant which is the thermal stimulus and may affect the pain sensation. It also induces muscle relaxation and increases the efficiency of muscle activity as the increased blood supply ensures the optimum condition for muscle contraction.
Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic is equipped with all facilities and trained staff to properly administer Valuka Sweda.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic pains
- Urustambha (stiffness of thigh and lower limbs)
- Medoroga (diseases manifested due to disturbances in fat metabolism)