Returns, Refund And Cancellation Policy
A. Return or Exchange Policy for Products Bought in The Clinic or Online
We accept returns. You can return unopened items in the original packaging within 30 days of your purchase with a receipt or proof of purchase. If 30 days or more have passed since your purchase, we cannot offer you a refund or an exchange.
Upon receipt of the returned item, we will thoroughly examine it and notify you via email, within a reasonable period, whether you are entitled to a return. If you are entitled to a return, we will refund your purchase price, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original payment method.
Only regular-priced items may be refunded. Sale items are non-refundable.
To follow up on the status of your return, don’t hesitate to contact us at 0208 907 7902.
We only exchange goods if they are defective or damaged. If you consider a product defective, you should promptly contact us at 0208 907 7902 with details of the product and the defect. You can send the item you consider defective to:
Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic, 197 Kenton Road Harrow HA3 0HD
Upon receipt of the returned product, we will thoroughly examine it and notify you via e-mail, within a reasonable period, whether you are entitled to a replacement due to the defect. If you are eligible, we will send you a replacement product.
Some items are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. These include :- Sale items.
To return the item you purchased, please mail it to:
Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic, 197 Kenton Road Harrow HA3 0HD
Refunds do not include any shipping and handling charges on the packaging slip or invoice. Shipping charges for all returns must be prepaid and insured by you. You are responsible for any loss or damage to hardware during shipment. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Any amounts refunded will not include the cost of shipping.
B. Refund Policy For Treatments:
- We DO NOT offer full or partial refunds for completed or part-completed services. However, if you are in any way dissatisfied with any aspect of your experience, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We will try our utmost to resolve any problems.
- The deposit or advance payment made for any treatment package is refundable only before the commencement of the first treatment of the package.
- If you are canceling your appointment with short notice and want your deposit refunded, we will need proof of your reasons for cancellation/rescheduling, i.e., if your shift has been changed, you will have to provide proof of rota or any other formal means. If it is because you have been given a hospital appointment the day of your massage, you must provide proof of this too… and so on.
C. Gift Vouchers Terms and Conditions
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher cannot be redeemed online. However, they can be redeemed for products and services in-store.
Clients are asked to keep their Gift Vouchers safe and look after them like cash. If lost, anyone can redeem the value. Lost, stolen or damaged vouchers cannot be replaced.
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded.
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher is valid for the period indicated on it. The standard redemption period is 3 months from the date of issue.
- Promotional Offers sold via Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic will follow these terms and conditions but, on occasion, may not be valid with all therapists and/or at all clinics. Please check in advance of making your booking.
- The responsibility of using the Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher before its expiry lies with the recipient. No pre-expiry reminders will be sent from Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic. The remaining balance after the expiry date will be cancelled.
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card and cannot be topped up.
- When you use the Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic Gift Voucher, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the voucher. The change will not be given.
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Gift Vouchers from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with a Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Gift Voucher will be made per Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic’s Refund Policy. This does not affect your statutory rights.
D. Treatment Courses Terms and Conditions
Purchasing 4 or more of the same treatment entitles the clients to a discount on the total cost. Please visit the Price List page on our website for more details. These discounted treatments then have a validity period. Please visit the Price List page on our website for the validity period for each treatment package or course.
Courses of treatments listed on the price list are only valid for the period mentioned on the Price List page from the date of purchase.
Promotional offers or courses are valid for 6 months only from the date of purchase. Promotional courses can only be purchased during the promotional period.
Treatments included within a course cannot be transferred to other clients or exchanged for alternative treatments.
Courses cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded.
E. Offers and Promotions
From time to time, we offer discounted treatments and/or retail through in-clinic, online, and other traditional media formats. These are subject to terms and conditions, which are usually, but not limited to, time, date, availability, and quota restrictions. We reserve the right to withdraw such offers at any time.
F. Cancellation Policy
All treatment and/or consultation bookings require pre-payment in full and are subject to the following cancellation policy:
- At least 24-hour written or verbal notice is required if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment for any treatment.
- If you fail to attend your appointment, you will be charged the value at full cost.
- For any cancellations or amendments made within 24 hours of booking time, you will be charged the full value of the appointment price.
- If part of a booking is cancelled or changed after arrival, the full cost of the treatment(s) as booked will remain payable, and any outstanding amount will be paid.
- As we cannot judge reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival, patients are reminded that no exceptions to these conditions will be made and that any booking made (verbal or written) forms a legally binding contract.
- Appointment times and treatment types are reserved especially for you, our clients, and on your request.
G. Choice of Therapist Policy
- We operate on a same-sex therapist policy, which means we offer a male therapist to a male client and vice versa.
- Where practically and logistically possible, we would try to assign the same therapist to you throughout your treatment package. However, we cannot guarantee this will always be the case.
- We appreciate that you may prefer a particular therapist(s) over others. We will try to honour your choice as far as practically possible. However , we cannot guarantee that you will always have the therapist of your choice. Because all our therapists have comparable skills, experience, and knowledge, we may choose a different therapist per the service needs and the therapist’s availability. Any cancellation from patients for not offering a therapist of choice will be charged at the full value of the therapy, and no refunds will be offered.
- Unless otherwise specified, all therapies are “two-hand therapies,” i.e., performed by a single therapist at a time.
H. Clinic Etiquette Policy
- Arrive 10 minutes early- Arriving early allows you extra time to complete a consultation form, change ready for your treatment and address any concerns you might have with your therapist before your treatment begins. Arriving late might mean that you miss out on experiencing your whole treatment time, which due to other appointments, might have to end earlier than we would like.
- Silence your phone- Taking a call, listening to music and playing games (yes it does happen), kills off the tranquillity we are trying to help you achieve. Switching your phone onto silent or vibrate will help limit distractions, which is an important part of the relaxation experience.
- Underwear- Please ensure you bring underwear or swimming shorts/bikini with you to your appointment. You will be asked to get undressed leaving on your underwear and get underneath the sheet/towel on the bed. Women can remove their bras if they wish. We do not offer undraped appointments, though some therapists are happy for clients to remove their underwear underneath the towel, this is down to the therapist’s personal choice and should always be respected.
- Inside voice- Other clients may be in the clinic at the time of your treatment, so we ask that you remain respectful and keep speaking quiet as to not interrupt their treatments. Some clients may wish to speak to their therapist throughout the treatment which is fine, but shouting, laughing and bad language are a no-no and can ruin the atmosphere for other clients.
- Communicate- Massage therapists thrive when given feedback. Please speak to your therapist through the treatment should you wish to have more or less pressure or have an area that you would like to focus on. We always want our clients to have the best experience possible and it is important to tell your therapist how you are feeling during the treatment to allow the therapist to adapt the treatment to suit you better.
- Tidy up after yourself- Place used robes, towels and flip-flops in the appropriate containers, or on top of beds rather than leaving them in a pile on the floor. If you’ve left a big clump of hair in the shower drain or have used tissues or rubbish, throw them in the trash please.
- Young children stay at home- Clinics are places of quiet, calm and relaxation. Asking to bring in a young child in can put the staff in an uncomfortable position and lead to complaints from the other clients. A clinic is not the right atmosphere for a young child who would generally be happier running around and playing. We can offer massage for children under 16 with a parent present in the room, and this is the only occasion when a child should be inside the clinic.
- Extra services- We offer professional treatments only and do not offer ‘extra services’; please do not ask verbally or proposition your therapist for ‘extras’ while you are alone in the room. Doing so can cause embarrassment to both parties and distress to the therapist causing the treatment to end if the therapist feels like you are acting inappropriately. For more information, please see our Sexual Harassment Towards Staff Policy.
I. Sexual Harassment Towards Staff Policy
Due to the very nature of their work, therapists carry out treatments in a room usually with a single client. Therefore it is important that both parties understand what actions are deemed appropriate when in a treatment room.
- Touch only goes one way – the therapists will touch the client to carry out the treatment; the client is never to touch the therapist. The therapist will never touch the private area of the client.
- Underwear and draping – all clients are to wear underwear unless the therapist is comfortable for the client to remove their underwear. Every client is to be draped by a towel or sheet. It is acceptable to ask the therapist to change the covering if you (the client) are too warm or uncomfortable, though it is not okay to remove it yourself.
- Talking – speaking to your therapist during the treatment is okay. However, neither party should directly ask personal questions or make sexual comments or innuendos which could cause embarrassment or discomfort to either party.
Inappropriate behaviour is deemed as unwelcomed and unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favours, unwanted physical contact, stalking, and other sexual and/or homophobic remarks, innuendos and lewd jokes, and any other physically inappropriate behaviour that in any way makes the therapist feel unsafe.
- Exposing yourself – either not covering yourself with a drape or intentionally removing it during treatment to expose your private area.
- Touching yourself – at any point during the treatment will be viewed as a sexual act.
- Touching the therapist – not at any time should you touch, grab or stoke the therapist. Clients should always keep their arms under the drape and hands flat against the table.
- Derogatory or sexist comments – asking or propositioning your therapist for ‘extra services’ and any sexually descriptive language or innuendo which can make the therapist feel unsafe in the environment.
Crossing the Boundaries
Whether physically, verbally, or both, crossing the boundaries as set out above may lead to the treatment ending and the client being banned from returning to the clinic.
We take aggression and sexual harassment against staff, therapists, and members of the public very seriously. We will take legal action against clients when we deem it necessary. If a client is deemed to have crossed the boundaries set above, the therapist will immediately stop the treatment and reinforce that the behaviour is inappropriate.
If it was a genuine mistake, the treatment can continue after reinforcing the boundaries on acceptable behaviour. Still, if a further incident occurs, the therapist will leave the room, and the client will be asked to get dressed and leave the clinic.
If the client makes a genuine mistake during the treatment, they should apologise that it was not their intent, then the incident will not be taken any further.
- Unintentional Arousal- We understand that touch can sometimes lead to arousal in both male and female clients. If it does not cause the client discomfort or embarrassment, the therapist will not draw attention to it to save any possible embarrassment. However, if the therapist feels uncomfortable or the client displays other verbal or nonverbal behaviours that could indicate sexual intent, the therapist may speak to the client to attain whether it is merely a touch response or part of a sexual desire.
- Client History- Each occurrence of inappropriate behaviour will be noted in the client’s personal record. This will detail the therapist’s account of events and will be kept on the client’s record indefinitely. Depending on the severity of the incident, it may be overlooked, an alternative therapist might be allocated to the client for future appointments, or the client might be informed that they are no longer welcome to visit the clinic. At any point, we have the right to inform the police. In all cases, our therapists’ wellbeing is paramount to us, and we will always do what we can to ensure they can practice in a safe and secure environment.
- Sexual Assault- Any client who inappropriately touches a therapist in their private area or tries to assault a therapist sexually will be immediately banned from the premises, and the police will be contacted to press charges against the client. Full client details and CCTV evidence from all areas of the premises will be made available to the police for an investigation.
J. Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic- General Terms and Conditions
- The clinic reserves the right to alter your treatment times on the day if necessary
- Please note that treatment time includes medical consultation, set up, and your chosen treatment
- All treatment re-arrangements will be subject to alternative availability
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic has a non-smoking policy. In keeping with UK law, the Clinic applies a strictly non-smoking policy within its confines or on external parameters
- For those who wish to smoke, you will need to find designated smoking areas outside the building
- We request that mobile phones be kept silent or switched off in the clinic. We are happy to relay any messages via the Clinic reception
- No photography is permitted in the changing areas and/or on poolside
- You may be required to remove jewelry for treatments. We, therefore, advise that you choose to leave jewelry at home
- Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic will not be liable, under any circumstances whatsoever, for damage, injury, or consequential loss, however caused, to our customers, their property, and belongings unless it is solely due to the negligence of the Company, its employees or agents
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another and are subject to availability
- Please note that patients suffering from any heart conditions, high blood pressure or are pregnant will be unable to use steam therapy unless otherwise advised by our Ayurveda Consultant and with appropriate therapist supervision.
- Please note that we do not offer face or body treatments for ladies who are 1-13 weeks pregnant
- From 13 weeks, we offer a range of specialised luxury pregnancy treatments (Garbhini Abhyanga or antenatal massage)
- If you need any further guidance, please ask any member of the Clinic Team
- Pregnant ladies are strongly advised against the use of any steam therapy facilities
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use or accompany any persons over 18 attending the clinic or use the facilities attached
- Children under 16 are not permitted to undergo any treatments in the clinic, unless otherwise advised by our Ayurveda Consultant. These treatments, where advised, will only be carried out with written consent from their parents and in the presence of the parent(s) in the room.