What is dandruff? Dandruff is also called seborrhea in words. Dandruff is a kind of skin disorder that generally affects the scalp.
It occurs in parts of the body with high oil or high growth of sebum. Dandruff is a situation in which colorless dry flakes of dead skin exist molt on the scalp.
Generally, dead skin cells are shed from the scalp, which results in dandruff. The scalp dandruff starts when shedding thick layers of these dead skin particles. Seborrheic dermatitis or seborrhea is a disturbance of the oil glands which affects the scalp.
Seborrhoea produces severe dandruff and a red, itchy scalp. It generally is seen that Dandruff hardly ever motives hair loss or baldness. Sometimes severe Seborrheic dermatitis may also cause patchy baldness.
Common causes of dandruff are the following
There are many reasons that cause dandruff such as
- Hormones:For example, puberty causes the oil glands in the body specifically the creation of more sebum men and as mentioned will react with a fungus called Malassezia globosa creating oleic acid. The fact is that more men have dandruff than women.
- Stress:This not only causes changes in the body but can cause hair loss too.
- Excessive shampoo:it goes without saying to wash the fat on the scalp becomes dry and flaky. Also, some hair products can irritate the scalp and inflame skin which increases the rate of rotation.
Causes of Dandruff Common Causes
- Some medications can cause a rash or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Excessive consumption of fatty foods and sweets
- A disease that reduces the overall health
- Exposure to severe cold is also responsible
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Change of season
- Dirty Habits
Ayurveda Home Remedies for Dandruff
Neem is a natural remedy for skin inflammation. Apply Neem oil on the scalp and massage gently for several minutes to help prevent dandruff. For irritation, mashed Neem leaves steep in hot water.
Let the fresh leaves and then smoothed out on the scalp for 30 minutes. You can gently apply the mixture of cold water to the face to help reduce the symptoms of acne.
2. Amla (Gooseberry)
Indian gooseberry is a natural fruit with properties of both dandruff and hair healthy. The extract is a natural cleanser and tonic shampoo.
To help reduce dandruff, make gooseberry curd and be allowed to ferment for several days at room temperature, then combine the curd with a little lemon juice. Gently massage the mixture into the scalp for 30 minutes.
Currant plant is also said that promotes naturally dark hair and helps to cover the gray. Mix dry soil currants with a little lemon juice and apply it to the hair regularly.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
1. Fenugreek: It is one of the most effective in the prevention of dandruff, hair loss, and baldness. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and ground them into a fine paste the next morning. Apply the paste to the scalp for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
2. Lemon juice: Massage the scalp with a mixture made of equal amounts of lemon juice and vinegar. Wash your hair with egg shampoo with plenty of water after this
3. Amla powder:Mix a paste of Tulsi leaves and amla powder with water. Massage this paste on the scalp and let it stay for half an hour. Wash hair with water.
4. Tea tree oil: It is also found to be an effective anti-dandruff. In a little hot water, mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and massage your scalp with this. Wash your hair with lemon water, followed by pure water. After washing, wrap a hot damp towel around your head for some time. The best time to do it is at night before bedtime.
5. Olive Oil: Use olive oil or sesame oil on the scalp hot before bedtime. The next morning, massage with some lemon juice on the scalp one hour before bathing. Wash and rinse your hair well.
6. Egg Shampoo: It can be prepared by 2 or 3 beating eggs with a little water. Apply this mixture to your hair after wetting the hair and massage the scalp for a while. Let this remain on the hair for a while before washing with water. This treatment is very effective in preventing dandruff.
How to Cure Dandruff Naturally at Home
- Do not let your hair remains wet for long. Leaving the scalp moist for a long time facilitates the growth of dandruff.
- If you are discomfort from dandruff, and if you are utilizing an anti-dandruff shampoo, be certain to clean the comb every time after shampooing.
- Shampoo at least once a week. While washing your hair, prevent water from your hair from streaming down your face, as it can cause pimples.
- Avoid using combs used by others. Especially when a person is suffering from dandruff, never share comb. Dandruff is highly contagious.
- Pay attention to your hair clean. Make sure you take care of your hair and keep it clean and healthy. A regime of hygiene and care for healthy hair can keep away dandruff with high magnification.