Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune inflammatory joint disorder affecting joints symmetrically. According to the UK National Health Survey, 2014-2015 more than 2% of the total population of the UK is affected by rheumatoid arthritis. In classical Ayurvedic texts, the features of Rheumatoid arthritis mostly resemble the disease ‘AMA VATA’.
What causes Rheumatoid arthritis?
Improper dietary habits, stress factors, genetic predisposition, etc. factors cause disturbances in one’s immune system and the immune system destroys the synovial joints mostly the smaller joints in the body like joints of fingers, ankle joints, shoulder joints, wrist joints, etc.
Signs and Symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Stiffness of the joint in morning hours
- Pain in multiple small joints
- Swelling of the affected joint
- Redness at the site of inflammation of joint
- In the chronic condition of Rheumatoid arthritis structural changes in the joint are also observed. The most common change is the deviation of fingers laterally called swan neck deformity.
Rheumatoid arthritis in Ayurveda :
All the features of Rheumatoid arthritis can be well correlated to a disease mentioned in Ayurvedic texts as AMA VATA.
- The word ‘AMA ‘ gives the meaning toxin.
- According to texts of Ayurveda all these toxins are produced within the body mainly from improperly digested food materials due to poor digestive fire in one’s own body.
- The toxins in long run slowly tend to mix with the slimy content of the body called Kapha.
- Ama and Kapha together vitiate the dominant dosha of bone tissue Vata.
- All three combinedly get deposited at joints and manifest into Amavata causing shoola (pain at the affected joint), shotha (swelling), stabdatha (stiffness of joints), and Gourava (heaviness of body), Agnimandhya (low digestive fire).
Benefits of switching to Ayurvedic treatment :
Ayurvedic treatment helps in curing the disease right from the root level by acting at the very basic level of disease manifestation and eliminating the toxins from the body without any adverse effects.
One stop solution for Rheumatoid arthritis at PRANAVA KERALA AYURVEDA CLINIC :
Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic gives a perfect Ayurvedic holistic approach to treating the disease with perfect guidelines for lifestyle modifications under the expertise of Ayurvedic medical practitioners.
- The basic level of treatment will be planned with every detail of the individual, right from assessment of Prakriti (body constitution), Nadi (pulse diagnosis), Mala (bowel movements), Agni (digestive fire), Satwa (mental health),ahara-vihara (diet and lifestyle), etc.
- All the assessments and examinations will pave the way for treatment plans by Pinda Sweda (pouch massage), Ama pachana (elimination of toxins) with detox plans, improving digestive fire by herbs, etc. Depending on the chronicity of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Light and easily digestible food having a high content of fiber and protein are recommended as a part of daily routine food.
- Ginger, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, honey, pepper, and cinnamon are best to stop relapsing symptoms and keeps the gut healthy too.
- Stress factors should be under check by adopting yoga, pranayama, and meditation. Therapies like Shirodhara (continuous pouring of warm oil at the center of the forehead), and regular relaxation massages with aroma oils make the stress hormones get neutralize.
All the treatment plans and dietary advice will be changed according to the chronicity of the condition and degree of symptoms from individual to individual and that is taken care of by consulting our expert Ayurvedic doctors at Pranava Kerala Ayurveda Clinic.
Medical Advice Disclaimer
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.