Yogasanas are something that is meant for the wholesome development of one’s personality. It not only makes you physically fit but also maintains your mental state and spiritual wellness. The health of our entire body depends on the health of our abdomen. The word abdomen includes the entire digestive system which constitutes the stomach, liver, spleen, intestines, gall bladder, and pancreas. Yogasanas can provide complete physical benefits to the person. Our present yogasana majorly deals with the height-increasing capacity. Everyone wants to look fit and smart. For a good personality, correct height is the first requirement. Everyone wants to have a good height which makes their body and personality much more attractive and best. Here, we will be dealing with a Yogasana called “Sarvangasana”.
What is Sarvangasana?
Sarvangasana is a yoga asana that is made from two Sanskrit words which means ‘Sarva‘ or all and ‘Anga‘ or parts. Sarvangasana involves all parts of the body. It is also called ‘stand pose’. The asana strengthens your entire body and tones up your muscles and body making it look fit and strong.
How to perform Sarvangasana?
Is the thing if any of the yogasana is not performed in the right manner, then it can even make the case worst. Following are the steps of Sarvangasana which should be kept in mind while performing Sarvangasana.
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep your feet together, place the hands along the body with the palm touching the ground.
- Inhale and raise the legs upwards to 30 degrees, then 60 degrees, and finally 90 degrees.
- Take the help of your hands while lifting the legs. The elbows should rest on the ground and the toes should be joined on the straight.
- Keep your eyes fixed on the toes.
- Starting with about 2 minutes; the duration can be extended slowly up to half an hour.
- Bend the legs slightly backward before returning to the normal pose.
- Remove both the hands from the back and place them straight on the ground.
Benefits of Sarvangasana:-
- It activates and rejuvenates the thyroid gland.
- It is helpful to cure obesity, weakness, tiredness, and insufficient increase in height.
- It strengthens the adrenal glands, testicles, and ovaries.
- It is also good for those suffering from Asthma.
- It also makes your abdominal area respire.
- It improves the concentration of the mind and activates the brain cells.
- It activates the pancreas thus curing diabetes.
- It reduces excess fat on the stomach.
- It is beneficial in acidity, heart disease, gout, and backache. It strengthens all the nerves and veins of the back.
Precautions for Sarvangasana:-
Those suffering from the following problems should avoid this-
- Slipped discs
- High Blood pressure
- Deterioration of the spine
- Diseases of the pelvis
- Heart problems
- Middle ear trouble
So, in this way, we saw how Sarvangasana can be useful to treat such problems. One should perform it according to the capability. It’s a fact, that over-exertion of power can even worsen the case. So, take care and live well!