Yogasana for Backache treatment – Uttanapadasana
Due to many factors, we suffer from back problems, especially backache. Today we will be telling about a yoga pose that is especially meant for this purpose. It is called Uttanapadasana.
What is Uttanapadasana?
In Sanskrit, “Uttana” means ‘raised’ and “Pada” means ‘feet’. Thus the meaning of yoga is, raised leg pose. In this, your legs are in the air and thus curative actions take place.
Steps for Uttanapadasana:
- Lie down straight on your back, with palms touching the ground, legs straight, and toes together.
- Inhale and raise the legs slowly upwards up to 30 degrees, and hold for some time in the same position.
- While returning to the pose, get slow and place the feet slowly on the floor avoiding any jerks.
- After resting for a while, repeat the exercise 3 to 6 times.
In the case of backache, one should practice it using one leg at a time.
Benefits of Uttanapadasana:
- This asana is especially useful for a backache when performed using one leg at a time.
- It is useful in preventing, displacement of the navel, heart disease, stomach pain, and all sorts of respiratory problems.
- It strengthens the intestines and makes them disease-free.
- This is also useful in the removal and cure of constipation, gas formation, and obesity and improves the digestive system.
Precautions and Contradictions for Uttanapadasana:
There are several contradictions associated with Uttanapadasana, let’s have a look at these-
- In the beginning take the help of hands to raise the legs, don’t exert pressure as it can harm.
- Women in the 3rd trimester should avoid it as it gives pressure on the abdomen and stomach, it can be injurious.
- This yoga is not meant for those suffering from problems like blood pressure and sciatica problems.
In this way, we saw the description of Uttanapadasana. Hope you like the post, share it with all, and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!