Health benefits of Ustrasana
Many yoga poses have got their name with resemblance to certain animals, birds, objects, and many other things. Each of them has its benefits and steps to do. As a fact, Yogasanas are meant for the goodness of mankind. Those who perform it are benefited not only physically but also mentally. Here, we will be talking about a Yoga pose that looks a little similar to Chakrasana. It is called Ustrasana.
What is Ustrasana:-
To look good is the desire of everyone, through the yoga poses one can achieve a fit and slim body structure. The name Ustrasana is derived from two Sanskrit words; Ustra which means ‘a camel’ and asana which means ‘pose or posture’. In this, your body looks similar to those of a camel; that is why it is named so. It is a back bending yoga pose which is quite tougher but gets easy with regular practice. This asana looks quite similar to Chakrasana; just there is no pressure on the legs; if you raise and curve your legs then you will get into the chakrasana pose.
Steps for Ustrasana:-
You can follow the steps given below, to do this asana properly. In addition, for your convenience, a picture is given which shows the steps of Ustrasana-
- Sit on your knees and bend backward.
- Hold the right ankle or heel with a right hand and the left ankle or heel with the left hand.
- Now bend your neck and head backward as much as you can and push your waist area slightly forward.
- Breathing should be normal for 6 to 10 seconds in this position.
- After 6 to 10 seconds return to the first position by bending forward.
- After that, release your hands from the heels.
- This is your one round of Ustrasana. Repeat this for some more rounds as per your convenience.
Benefits of Ustrasana:-
This yogasana has many benefits; some of them are listed below-
- It increases your lung capacity thus making your breathing well.
- It brings flexibility to the abdomen, neck, and chest region.
- It also cures infections related to the trachea and larynx.
- It develops the thoracic cage and renders the spinal column.
- It regenerates your kidneys and improves their functioning.
- It massages your abdominal organs and cures the problems related to it.
- It provides you with a sense of balance and improves your flexibility.
Contradictions related to Ustrasana:-
This asana is beneficial but in some cases, it becomes quite wrong and increases the fatality of certain diseases. Some of its contradictions are listed below-
- People suffering from neck and back injuries should avoid it.
- Those with stiffness in the neck and who have undergone internal organ surgery should avoid this.
- People with migraine and low blood pressure should avoid this.
- Those who are suffering from Insomnia should not go with this.
So, in this way, we saw the details of Ustrasana; who should perform and who should avoid this. If you want to keep your fit and active always; then must go with yoga asanas. Take care and live well!