Yoga poses to relieve Backache and Neck pain- Setu Bandhasana
Hello everyone, today our article is on a yoga pose focusing to cure backache and neck pain the most. It is called Setu Bandhasana. It increases the flexibility of your abdomen, reduces fatigue, and is also helpful in correcting spine and neck pain.
What is Setu Bandhasana?
Setu Bandhasana also called ‘Bridge pose’, is a yoga asana in which your body looks like a twisted bridge. It is made of three words; Setu – Bridge; Bandha – Bind, Asana – Pose, Posture
Steps for Setu Bandhasana:
Following are the steps for Setu Bandhasana. To avoid any injury or discomfort, everyone must do it correctly and under the guidance of a yoga expert.
- Lie down straight on the ground.
- Bend both the knees. Raise the hip area and keep both the hands with the support of the elbows under the waist.
- Keeping the hip area raised, straighten the legs.
- Rest the shoulders and the head on the ground.
- Remain in this position for 6 to 8 seconds.
- While coming back to normal position, slowly rest the hips and legs on the ground.
- The hands should not be removed from the waist suddenly.
- To avoid injury, rest in Shavasana for some time and repeat the exercise 4 to 6 times.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana:
Now we shall be telling you the benefits of Bridge pose. Have a look at it.
- It is beneficial to correct slipped discs, backache, neck ache, and other body aches.
- It is a very effective cure for stomach-related problems.
- It strengthens the muscles of your legs and hands.
- It improves vision and makes your eyesight sharper.
- It reduces thyroid and enhances digestion.
- If one is not able to do Chakrasana, then its benefits can be achieved by Setu Bandhasana too.
Contradictions for Setu Bandhasana:
- It should not be done by pregnant or lactating mothers.
- If you have any sort of neck or back injury, then strictly avoid this.
- Try it slowly, don’t exert pressure, otherwise, it can cause severe injuries.
In this way, we saw what is bridge pose and its description.
Hope you like the post, share it with a, ll and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!